Broadband - PowerLink3.1
Advanced, Internet-based Control Solution for PowerMaster Panels
Visonic’s PowerLink3.1 is an extremely simple Internet-based solution for advanced home security system management and control. It enables central monitoring stations (CMS), security service providers and homeowners to leverage the full power of Internet connectivity to take home safety and security to the next level.
IP-Based Event Notifications
At its most basic, PowerLink3.1 offers a plug-and-play broadband IP event notification solution. With more and more homeowners moving to VoIP communications, broadband has become an ideal method for cost-free alarm event notification delivery to the CMS.
Visonic's PowerLink3.1 Internet-based home control system features built-in IP-based event notification capabilities. Simply plugging the PowerLink3.1 system into a free port on the home router, connects the alarm system to the IP receiver at the central station – with no need to configure the system or the router. This provides a true plug–and-play experience for both the security installer and the CMS.
Utilizing PowerLink3.1 as an IP-based event notification solution requires that Visonic's PowerManage (IP management platform) be implemented as an IP receiver at the central station.
Image Alarm Verification Done the Right Way
As PowerLink3.1 is fully integrated with the PowerMaster home security system, it has the ability to send alarm-time images based on real motion detection from the NEXT CAM detector. This significantly reduces the cost and hassle of false alarms.
The system enables the CMS to receive image alarm verification information within seconds of the alarm-time, compared to the several minutes it takes with GPRS or PSTN-based alarm verification solutions. Moreover, alarm-time images can be forwarded to the homeowner's email or mobile phone for immediate viewing and verification. By the time the security service provider calls, the homeowner already knows if the person who activated the alarm is authorized to be there, or is an intruder. This means that the police or a central station guard is sent to the premises only when truly necessary.
Total Control of Home Security
PowerLink3.1 is offered with Visonic PowerMaster panels with PowerManage, which serves as an IP receiver in the CMS as well as a full grade service platform for consumer web services.
By implementing PowerManage, a CMS can gain full control over the PowerLink3.1 service, including account and service management, messaging, and much more. PowerLink3.1 also allows a CMS to remotely maintain and configure the PowerMaster security system via the Visonic PowerManage system.
- Offered as an internal module for PowerMaster version 17
- Provides IP-based event notifications to the CMS via Visonic's PowerManage
- System accessible via Visonic mobile app or mobile/PC web browsers via PowerManage services
- Provides alarm-time recorded video feeds from up to 15 Next CAM detectors, including the possibility to use the VOD (video on demand) feature from PowerManage
- No router configuration required
- No client software installation required
- Does not require a fixed IP at the home premises
- End-user event reporting via email and mobile messages*
- Fully managed by Visonic's PowerManage (IP management platform)
- Remote maintenance and configuration of the PowerMaster security system via PowerManage
*Depends on capabilities offered by the local service provider