Glass-break Detector GB-502 PG2
PowerG Smart Wireless Glass-Break Detector
GB-502 PG2 is a wireless two-way acoustic glass-break detector for windows and glass doors, compatible with PowerMaster intrusion alarm systems and PowerG receivers. It delivers outstanding reliability in detecting the breaking of framed glass mounted in an interior wall of residential and small business premises, providing an additional layer of perimeter protection.
GB-502 PG2 is based on sophisticated, omni-directional acoustic pattern recognition and patented microphone technology that continuously listens to sounds and analyzes patterns. Employing a 3-stage, multi-level classification process, the detector accurately captures real events, delivering unprecedented reliability with near-zero false alarms.
See the GB-502 PG2 laboratory test demo
A single wall- or ceiling-mounted detector can protect a room of 120 sqm / 1288 sqft, identifying the breaking of most types of window and door glass – including plate, tempered, laminated, wired, coated and sealed insulating glass. The sensor can be mounted as close as 1.5 m / 5 ft from the glass.
Incorporating Visonic's innovative PowerG technology, the energy-efficient GB-502 PG2 combines a number of advanced and field-proven technologies, as well as the highly reliable AES encryption method – enabling an extended transmission range, and an extra-long battery life of up to 5 years. No adjustment is required during installation, since the detector is fully pre-calibrated. It is protected by a back tamper switch which is activated when the cover is removed or when the base is forcibly detached from the wall.
GB-502 PG2 Features:
- Cutting-edge glass-break detection technology delivers near-zero false alarm rate
- Acoustic pattern recognition technology provides 360o coverage
- Maximum detection range for plate, tempered, laminated, wired, coated and sealed insulating glass: 7.6m / 25ft
- PowerG two-way Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum FHSS-TDMA technology provides market-leading wireless robustness and reliability
- Large transmission range enables repeater-free installations
- Battery life up to 5 years with typical use
- Visible link quality indication shown on the device reduces the installation time
- Compatible with PowerMaster systems and PowerG receivers
- Dimensions: 88 x 62 x 30mm (3.5 x 2.4 x 1.2in)
The GB-502 PG2 complies with the following standards:
Europe: EN 300220, EN 301489, EN50130-4, EN60950, EN50130-5, EN 50131-2-7-1, EN 50131-1 Grade 2 Class II